Message from Kim
Welcome to my website. I trust this website will be a useful guide to my roles as your local representative in the Victorian State Parliament, and as Minister for Police and Emergency Services, and Minister for Bushfire Response in the Victorian Coalition Government.
The Victorian electoral boundaries have changed, taking effect at the next Victorian State election on Saturday 29th November, 2014. The electorate of Scoresby, which I have represented since 2002, will be renamed Rowville and will include the suburbs of Scoresby, Rowville and sections of Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield and Lysterfield South.
As a State Member of Parliament in Knox since 1992, elected as the Member for Wantirna and as the Member for Scoresby, I value the opinions of my local constituents. Having raised my family in Knox, I am aware of the importance of community needs.
As part of Premier Napthine’s team, I am fighting hard for local residents in my electorate. The Napthine Coalition Government’s strong financial position means that we can focus on building for growth and delivering opportunity right across Victoria.
Since the Coalition Government was elected in 2010, we have worked with the community on many local projects, including:
- Funding for upgrades to local schools, including Rowville Secondary College, Knox Gardens, Scoresby and Wantirna South Primary Schools.
- Construction of the new integrated $5.84 million Rowville CFA Station.
- Funding $16.2 million to duplicate High St Road and completing a $1.35 million intersection upgrade to Stud and Ferntree Gully Roads, with a further $415,000 in safety barriers & a new turning lane near Centre and Stud Roads.
- Opening the Murrindal Children and Family Centre in Rowville, with maternal and child health services, parent groups, play groups, and kindergarten, in one convenient location.
- Funding for lighting for sports fields at Knox BMX, and Knox Park Knoxfield, Liberty Reserve, Rowville Recreation Reserve, and Park Ridge Reserve, Rowville.
- Completing a $1.4 Million environmental renewal of Dandenong Creek.
- An extra 27 full time police positions in Division 2, Eastern Region, which covers Knox and Rowville Police Stations.
- PSO’s now on patrol at Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Upper Ferntree Gully, and Glen Waverley railway stations.
Further information about announcements in our local area and in my portfolio can be found in the media releases section of the website.
Please contact my electorate office with any queries on State Government matters, via the contact section above. I look forward to hearing your views and to representing a strong voice for Rowville.
Kim Wells MP