Message from Kim
Welcome to my website. I trust this website will be a useful guide to my role as your local representative in the Victorian State Parliament.
I was honoured to be elected as the Member for the newly-named Rowville District in November, 2014. The Rowville electorate includes the suburbs of Scoresby, Rowville and sections of Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield and Lysterfield South.
As a State Member of Parliament in Knox since 1992, I value the opinions of my local constituents. Having raised my family in Knox, I am aware of the importance of community needs. As your local MP, I am fighting hard for local residents in my electorate.
I have worked closely with the community to deliver many local projects, including:
- Funding for upgrades to local schools, including Knox Gardens, Scoresby and Wantirna South Primary Schools.
- Construction of the new integrated $5.84 million Rowville CFA Station.
- Funding $16.2 million to duplicate High St Road and completing a $1.35 million intersection upgrade to Stud and Ferntree Gully Roads, with a further $415,000 in safety barriers & a new turning lane near Centre and Stud Roads.
- Opening the Murrindal Children and Family Centre in Rowville, with maternal and child health services, parent groups, play groups, and kindergarten, in one convenient location.
- Funding for lighting for sports fields at Knox BMX, and Knox Park Knoxfield, Liberty Reserve, Rowville Recreation Reserve, and Park Ridge Reserve, Rowville.
- Completing a $1.4 Million environmental renewal of Dandenong Creek.
- An extra 27 full time police positions in Division 2, Eastern Region, which covers Knox and Rowville Police Stations.
- PSO’s protecting community safety at Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Upper Ferntree Gully, and Glen Waverley railway stations.
Further information about announcements for our local area can be found in the media releases section of the website.
Please contact my electorate office with any queries on State Government matters, via the contact section above. I look forward to hearing your views and to representing a strong voice for Rowville.
Kim Wells MP