The Victorian Government have announced the following changes to restrictions from 11:59pm tonight, October 18th:
- 5km limit for exercise and shopping will be extended to 25km
- Two-hour time limit for exercise and socialising will also fall away
- Outdoor sports settings like tennis courts, golf courses and skateparks will be able to reopen
- All allied health professionals currently operating will be able to resume routine face-to face care
- Outdoor real estate auctions able to take place with up to 10 people plus the required staff
- Hairdressers will be able to reopen with strict safety protocols in place
- Groups of up to ten people from two households will also be able to gather in outdoor public places
- Tradies undertaking outdoor maintenance and repair work, mobile pet groomers and photographers able to go back to work
The rest of the third step will take place on 11:59pm on November 1 where we will see retail, hospitality and personal care services re-open again.
The Third Step will also mean we move from “stay home” to “stay safe” – with no restrictions on the reasons to leave home.
Under this step, all remaining retail will open. Restaurants, cafes and pubs will open. And personal and beauty services will be able to offer treatments to clients – as long as a face mask can be worn.
These businesses will be able to have staff onsite for a ‘dark opening’ from 28 October, giving them time to prepare to open their doors to the public.
This will also see an extension on home visits too – allowing households to have two people and their dependents visit their home once per day.
The other aspects of the roadmap – from accommodation to outdoor sport – will also be introduced.