The latest quarterly performance data from Ambulance Victoria does not bode well for Rowville. Ambulance wait times are the worst since the Andrews Government came to power.
Victoria is the midst of a severe and debilitating public health system crisis.
These figures from the January – March 2021 quarter only serve to highlight how extreme this crisis is and how the Andrews Labor Government response has been inadequate.
The continued failure of the Andrews Labor Government to adequately address these figures are putting Victorian lives at risk.
The quarterly ambulance Victoria figures for the Casey and Knox local government areas (LGAs), which incorporate the Rowville community show the following blow-outs in wait times:
- The average code 1 response time has increased by almost a minute in the last quarter in Casey;
- The percentage of code 1 ambulances responding within 15 minutes has fallen by 4.5 percentage points in Casey;
- The average code 2 response time has increased by almost 6 minutes in the last quarter in Casey;
- The average code 1 response time has increased by almost a minute-and-a-half in the last quarter in Knox;
- The percentage of code 1 ambulances responding within 15 minutes has fallen by 4.75 percentage points in Knox; and
- The average code 2 response time has increased by over 6 and a half minutes in the last quarter in Knox.
Comments attributable to Shadow Minister for Health, Georgie Crozier:
“Daniel Andrews promised he would fix the system and Victorians would be better off. They are not. We have an ambulance system in crisis.
“The people of Rowville should not be left to wait in pain and agony any longer.
“Ambulance response times like these are unacceptable, this is just another failure of the Andrews Labor Government, a litany of failures that is fast growing.”
Comments attributable to Member for Rowville, Kim Wells:
“The lives of locals in Rowville are being put at risk at the hands of the Andrews Labor Government and its growing ambulance crisis.
“We need proper investment and resourcing in Ambulance Victoria to ensure it’s a reliable service the Rowville community can rely on when it matters most.”